Robert brings 30+ years of entrepreneurial and corporate experience to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Colorado Properties with a career emphasis on high technology solutions to business problems.
Working closely with partner Karen Wilhelm they have created a strong and balanced Team Approach to serving the needs of Vail Valley real estate buyers and sellers.
Robert has worked with Karen since the early 90s supplying hardware, software and database services for the analytical support she provides her clients.
To improve Team flexibility Robert became a licensed Broker and member of the Vail Board of Realtors in 2003.
Robert and Karen have been Vail Valley property owners since 1982.
Why work with Robert and Karen Wilhelm
- Team approach providing excellence in service and a superior client experience (see testimonials).
- Over $200M in Vail Valley real estate sales - we have the experience.
- Vail Valley homeowner since 1982 - we know the area.
- Fulltime Professional Realtors - Karen (1990), Robert (2003) - we know the business.
- Education that matches the needs of the profession - we know the rules.
- More than 75% of our business is from repeat clients and referrals - our customers are completely satisfied with the service and guidance that we provide.
- Specializing in: Vail Village, Lionshead, East Vail, Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, Singletree, Cordillera, Red Sky Ranch, Eagle Ranch ... the entire Vail Valley ... "I Know The Territory".
- Rock Solid in Real Estate (with a Personal Touch) using more than 20 years of combined, full-time, effective experience in the Vail Valley.
- Detailed monitoring of your real estate transactions.
- Comparative Market Analysis of properties by area, type, size, price and amenities for prospective buyers and sellers.
- Careful selection and presentation of properties to prospective buyers based on a thorough understanding of their needs and stated criteria.
- Professional guidance throughout the sales process, including negotiations, inspections, financing and closing.
- Marketing proposals for prospective sellers.
- Marketing and Sales of represented properties.
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- Open houses.
- Online Research Tools for our Buyers and Sellers
- Internet promotion and Virtual Tours of these properties at
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Northern Illinois University
- Continuing Education in Real Estate: contracts, marketing, ethics, 1031 Exchanges, agency relationships, foreclosures, short sales and more.
- Married with 2 grown children
- Vail property owner since 1982
- Avid skier, snowboarder, golfer, biker and hiker
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity of Eagle and Lake Counties
- Volunteer, Vail Tomorrow
- Volunteer, Town of Vail Adopt-a-Path Program
- Private Pilot, Flight Instructor